Tuesday, September 16, 2008

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Spooky Week Day 3: Top Note Treat Holder & Tutorial

Happy Tuesday! I worked late and came home and had to come up with something for Spooky Week Day 3 (because that's the stupid demand I put on myself, lol!), but I'm pooped and kicking myself right about now! lol! (And by the way, I put that black chunky glitter on the witch hat with Crystal Effects and it looked a lot better before I *impatiently* picked it up and attached it before it was dry! doh!)

Anyway, I had this idea the other day...to take the treat box holder I showed on Sunday that I had modified from Jen del Muro's great pizza box tutorial...and turn it into a box inside the Top Note Bigz Die. Doesn't it remind you of those "Lifesaver book" things you used to get for Christmas when you were a kid? Of course, I had to put another Reese's peanut butter cup inside, now I have two! Bwahaahaaa!


So here's a quick tutorial...below is the first one I made tonight and I HATE it, which is why you see another one, the Kraft one, above. But this Basic Gray one is the one I took pictures of while making it for the tutorial, so oh well, they can't all be works of art, right?! This photo shows how it looks from the side, where you can see the treat box part.


Here are your cutting and scoring instructions (click to enlarge if necessary):


After scoring, cut the little score lines on each side up to the 1" mark to make your flaps:


Instructions for running your card through the Big Shot with the Top Note Bigz Die, it comes out looking like this:


Then cut it in half on the score line:


After your treat box is all assembled and closed with treat inside, put Sticky Strip on top and bottom of box:


I used Jumbo Eyelets to run the ribbon through, and I attached the ribbon with some Sticky Strip along the back "spine" so the ribbon would always stay with the box!


Variation...on this Kraft one, I did the ribbon a little bit differently...


I attached the ribbon on the inside, so put down your Sticky Strip first:


Then attach your ribbon:


And again, after you attach the treat box inside, it looks like this when open:


Hope you like this little Top Note treat holder! I did this really quickly, so please let me know if something doesn't make sense or if I forgot something!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! Have you stamped something today?

36 comments:

Ann said...

Oh, my, these are TOO cute! I really love the chunky glitter on that witch hat! :D

Michelle Tech said...

These are too cool! I actually love the gray one! You are so clever.

Tina said...

Well done Queen, I love how they look like books but have candy inside. Yummy!

paperyjane said...

wow angie! you really out did yourself with this one! i love it!

Anonymous said...

These Top Note treat boxes are adorable, Angie! And what a great tutorial! Thanks for sharing.

~amy~ said...

Stinkin' fun Angie!!!! I LOVE them!

Anonymous said...

You are having just too much fun with your Big Shot, Ang! These projects are darling!

kathleenh said...

Oh how fun! I love how you used the top note die on this box! I can't believe you gave us a tutorial after your late day at work! You go girl!

Savitri said...

Oh so fun!!! WOW! You are so motivated! Me and Halloween... I get M dressed up, get candies, and that's it :)

Shelly said...

What a cute idea! I can't wait to try it! Thanks so much for the tutorial...

Dani said...

Oh my heavens to Betsy! This is so stinkin' cute! I am going to be forced to buy this die! LOL!

Karen Kelly said...

Thanks for the fun tutorial! I can't WAIT to get this die! Have you tried those Reese's candies that are like turtles? I just bought them to make some samples for an upcoming class and I've eaten almost all of them and still haven't made my sample! They're DE--LISH!

Donna Baker said...

you are TOO clever, girl! love it

vina said...

DUUUUUUDE Tieman!!! ARE WE DOING THIS ONE TOOOOOOO please say yes. please say yes. if not, can I stay and make this one for an extra fee?!?! PURTY PLEASE?!?! As Ronald McDonald would say, "I'm loving it!" hahaha

Catherine said...

Angie, this is way too cool... love it!

chloe said...

ANOTHER CLEVER CLEVER IDEA!!!

corinnesomerville said...

This box is beyond amazing !!! I absolutely LOVE how you pulled it together too....WOWZA !!!!

Have a great day!
Corinne (aka Roxy)

Anonymous said...

No waaaaaay!
OMGosh! This is simply the 'witch's brew'! Woooohooooo!

Marilyn said...

What a clever little gift box!! I can see all kinds of ideas dancing in my head using this for many different gifts - so cute and thanks for sharing your directions!!

Anonymous said...

OMG, this is so stinkin cute and to think I've been a blog slacker. I could have seen your awesome projects days ago. I'm going to make me one of these ASAP!

Unknown said...

aaaaaaakkkkkkk!! SO STINKIN CLEVER!!! (can you hear me yelling from boston?)

Silli said...

that´s great Angie Thanks for sharing!

Alex said...

I am soooo making this Angie - what an adorable idea, you are so talented, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Kerry D-C said...

Yummy!! I can't wait to get mine in the mail...right?! LOL!
Fab tutorial, thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous!!! I can't wait to make one! TFS!!!

Wanda

StampingJoan said...

Angie this is adorable!!! What a great tutorial too! Will me making this for sure!

TFS!
Joan

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes that is cute. I just love this. Jeesh.... you guys are so crazy creative with that stinkin' die!!!

Anonymous said...

I Totally LOVE this idea, saw it on Patty Bennett's Site, can't wait to make one for my workshop today, Thanks SO MUCH for the tutorial!!!

Anthonette said...

I don't have a Big Shot yet, but I wish I did. This is so fun. Thanks for the tutorial!

Anonymous said...

I don't know where I've been but I just discovered your blog! I love it! This box ROCKS! I can't wait to make one! I'll be back for sure!

JenMarie said...

LOVE this! Had to try it myself! http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1135126?cat=4696

Rose Ann said...

Thank you for your fantastic tutorial, Angie!! Your box is wonderful, and I've even tried one of these myself!!

Mary Ann S. said...

Thanks for the great tutorial! I'm going to have to try one.

i {heart} papers said...

Adorable!!! Thanks for the directions!

Tisha C said...

Hahahahaha! I'm looking ALL over SCS for a tutorial on these Top Note Boxes and I finally find a link, to a link, to a link, to YOU! You're the best! Next time I'll just start with your blog and work backwards from there!!

ateliersdeval said...

Thank you so much ! I love it !